Mickey's Speedway USA is a racing game for the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color, developed by Rareware and published by Nintendo. The Game Boy Color version of this game is a sequel to Mickey's Racing Adventure (which was released in 1999 for the Game Boy Color only). It is styled after other kart racers such as the Mario Kart series, and Diddy Kong Racing, which was also made by Rareware.
Mickey Mouse's dog, Pluto, is kidnapped by the Weasels for his "diamond" collar (later found out to be fake). As one of the drivers, including Disney characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pete, the player races on tracks in the United States to find the Weasels and save Pluto.
Mickey's Speedway USA includes a Grand Prix mode, as well as multiplayer racing and battle modes. The game features six initial characters, with a further four being unlockable. The default characters are paired in likeness, and each pair is given the same statistics, such as Donald and Mickey having average statistics, or Pete and Goofy having a concentration in speed.
- Huey (requires a Game Boy Color copy of the game with at least one gold trophy to unlock)
- Ludwig Von Drake
- Traffic Troubles: Indianapolis, San Francisco, New Mexico, Grand Canyon
- Motor Way Mania: Los Angeles, Alaska, Las Vegas, Philadelphia
- Freewayphobia: Dakota, Seattle, New York, Chicago
- Victory Vehicles: Yellowstone, Washington, D.C., Everglades, Malibu
- Frantic Finale: Hawaii, Oregon, Texas, Colorado
- Multiplayer Contest: Dockyard, White House, Arena, Steamboat
- Time Trial only: New Orleans
Game Boy Color versionEdit
- Traffic Troubles: Los Angeles, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco
- Motor Way Mania: Seattle, Montana, Yellowstone, Utah
- Freewayphobia: Milwaukee, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas
- Victory Vehicles: Gulf Coast, Louisiana, Indianapolis, Boston
- Frantic Finale: Smoky Mountains, Florida Everglades, Daytona Beach, Washington, D.C.
Mickey's Speedway USA's average score on Metacritic is 71/100%. IGN gave Mickey's Speedway USA 6.8 out of 10.