Webbigail "Webby" Vanderquack is a little girl who is the granddaughter of Scrooge McDuck's maid Mrs. Beakely. Even though she's not a related to him they are very close, this is shown by among other things, that fact that she addresses him as "Uncle Scrooge".
Webby made her debut in 1987 television series DuckTales. She first appeared in the episode Three Ducks of the Condor where Scrooge hires her grandmother to be a nanny for the boys. After that she appeared regularly in the series. After the original DuckTales ended, Webby has not made many appearances, and remained a minor character. However, she was occasionally shown as a background character in various products.
Webby is a sweet, shy, emotional, adorable and very beautiful little girl. She is very loving toward everyone especailly her Uncle Scrooge and grandmother, she also has a great love for animals. She very much wants to be excepted as "one of the nephews". Despite being younger than boys and in addition to her cuteness, sweetness and beauty, she is often as being smarter and more mature than they are in some areas.
In the reboot she is shown to be older than her original incarnation and just as beautiful. Her personality remains similar, in that she’s shy, socially awkward and is more competent than the boys in certain areas. She differs a bit from the original Webby in that she is much more excitable and is a fan girl of Donald.
- DuckTales (Video game)
- DuckTales 2
- DuckTales: The Quest for Gold
- DuckTales: Remastered
- Disney Crossy Roads
- Although Webby is officially Betina Beakley's granddaughter and not related to the Duck/McDuck family, some DuckTales books mistakenly say she's Mrs. Beakley's niece and others say she's Huey, Dewey and Louie's cousin.
- Webby's last name, Vanderquack, is actually only mentioned twice.
- Once in Pearl of Wisdom, when her name is announced in the marble shooting contest.
- And once in a television commercial for DuckTales, where she introduces herself to the audience.